If the time has come to sell your home in Paradise, summer is the best time to list it.
Summer is a quiet time for realtors in La Paz and that gives us time to get your house primped and pumped and ready to sell once the busy season hits us.
Here is a brief list of what needs to be done, to get your home ready to sell:
- Choose a realtor and sign the listing agreement. Always ask about his/her promotion plans for your home
- Set a selling price - your realtor should provide you with comparable sales to assist in setting the price
- Obtain copies of all legal documents; Fideicomisos/Escrituras and identification papers of the owner/s
- Sort out any inheritance issues in the event there has been a death
- Obtain a Power of Attorney with a Mexican attorney so that you don't have to fly back to accept an Offer
- Meet with your Mexican attorney to sort out (in advance) process, the cost of cancelling your Fideicomiso and any capital gains you may owe
- The realtor will want to see, and hence market, the value added of your property (Can a second story be built on the roof? Can extra parking be obtained? Is the road going to be paved, the gardens are beautiful? etc)
- Be sure to do deep cleaning, repainting if needed and fixing of any broken items
- Listen to suggestions from your realtor as to staging your property
- Identify items you wish to include in the sale of the house and items the owner wishes to exclude
- Get the keys made, contact the property manager
- Realtor will want to take professional photos and perhaps even a video of the property
- The realtor will upload the listing into the Multiple Listing System and promote it to other agents in La Paz, Baja California Sur and the world
Finally - we are ready to get out there and sell your house!
Facebook: Heather Borquez, Realtor with Diamante Associates.